Thursday 24 April 2014

What no boots

So I hammered across the Scottish boarders from our Preston office in the hope that the small swell that was forecast might still be about. Opted for Pease cause it made sense to intercept the A1 at Grantshouse which involved a fast run in the Mini down the excellent A6112. Came down the hill and was rewarded with some good lines coming in and about an hour or so of daylight left.

Started getting kitted up and it became apparent I had forgotten a boot. Facing a dilemma and trying not to cry at my stupidity I decided to tough it out and get in anyway. Things seemed ok so long as I kept my feet above water so I didn't sit up on my board all session. The swell was a good with a small friendly crowd, in fact my blue feet were a bit of an icebreaker. Straws were drawn on who was going to carry me back to my car.

Anyway, trying to surf on two lumps of ice turned out to be quite tricky and as the session went on turns became harder to master and the general lack of feeling below my knees became mildy alarming. Still got some nice ones which made it worthwhile. Eventually I caught a nice runner and stepped (gingerly) onto the sand for a slow swagger to the car park...where I realised I had forgotten my towel!

Home and straight to bed, where I woke occasionally throughout the night due to a myriad of different sensations on my feet, burning, freezing, pins and needles etc. My feet have just about recovered now.
Muppet.
Just had a walk around Freeze in edinburgh and got the horn for a new board now.
https://www.freezeproshop.com/

There it is, right where I left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment