Wednesday 9 January 2013

Xmas Surf


Had a belter in howling offshores at Pease. I checked a couple of Lothian spots I knew roughly about en-route but opted instead for Pease. It was pumping into the wind but approaching high tide, and still rusty after an autumn with no surfing I took the log along to Little Pease to avoid the pack dropping in on each other on the reef. Does anyone not drop in at Pease? Anyway I chased the lefts off the rocks and had some very high speed rides, chasing the closeout on each wave. No chance of a turn, just set the inside rail, grab the outside rail and hang on. The last wave was a belter, with a section that allowed me to slow it down, stand tall, enjoy the moment, reset the rail and haul arse down the line again. I came in after that, as I had flogged my arms and figured the session had reached its peak. Roll on more regular surfing in 2013.

 Took a snap of the reef as I drove up the hill.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment